Now that you have your hotel and flight all set for your beach vacation, you can start focusing on packing your suitcase. While this might seem like work, it doesn't have to be as complicated as you might think. You can actually simplify the process and ensure you have everything you need by following these few simple tips and tricks.
- Make sure to bring a first aid kit along. Even though you might not think anyone is going to get hurt on vacation, it’s always better be safe than sorry. By having your own supply of the essentials like band-aids, antiseptic wipes, gauze, aspirin and antacids, you can at least be prepared for the minor things that might come your way. Don't forget any prescription medications and allergy meds, and baby Brufen and Panadol for the little ones.
- Skip out on all the shoes. No one needs to take 4-5 pairs of shoes with them on vacation. A pair of sandals and some tennis shoes or slip-ons is all you need to have a great time. The key is taking shoes that are versatile and can be worn in a variety of different places. Taking a pair of shoes that will only work for one event isn't reasonable.
- How many times have you packed your beloved GHD on your trip and NEVER used it! Or make up for that matter! You only need a handful of essential cosmetics on a beach holiday. You don't need to pack all of your full sized lotions, shampoos and conditioners for your vacation. A small bottle is sufficient. Grab one of the travel size bottles from the store and call it a day. A couple of cosmetics like a BB cream, mascara and a lip gloss is all you need if you want to glam up for a dinner by the beach. You don't want to take a bunch of extra things that you aren't going to end up using anyway. You are only wasting space in your luggage case that could be used for something more important. Like bikinis!
- Make sure to take your adapters. Pack your adapters for your mobile phone, camera, computer and any other type of electronic that you are taking with you. The last thing you want is to have a dead battery and no way to charge the item. Cords don't take up much space, but they can be a real lifesaver when you need them.
- Pack clothing that corresponds with the weather. Sure, you might be headed to the beach, but that doesn't mean there isn't a chance that the weather could be a little chilly one night. Check the weather forecast and pack accordingly. Don't go overboard with the clothing. However, taking a pair or two of long pants and capris along with a jacket or sweater can go a long way when the weather cools off and you need something to keep you warm. Don't forget to pack your iland co kaftan which can take you from day to night!
By paying attention to the items you are putting in your bag, you can make sure you are prepared for anything that comes along, without feeling as if you don't have the items you need to enjoy your time away.
Need more inspiration? Check out the Fashion Bomb's boards on pinterest!
Enjoy your holiday!